Saturday, March 26, 2011

Music Meme Day 3: A Song That Makes You Happy

day 03 - a song that makes you happy

I'm not usually a big fan of happy music, especially when it seems to be mocking me. I prefer music that reflects the mood I'm already in, and slap-happy grinning is not a state of mind I'm in very often. Being forced to listen to upbeat, cheerful tunes when I'm not in that state of mind reminds me of that song by Bright Eyes where the depressed person is told by some clueless but well-meaning bystander, "You would be happy if only you'd TRY."

"Lovelife" by Lush is the kind of happy song I can enjoy, however. Because if musicians like Lush who are normally shy, gloomy shoegazers like me can gush forth something this bubblegum sweet on occasion, then surely I can lift my head and smile once in a while, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment