Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Music Meme Day 6: A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere

"Time Has Told Me" by Nick Drake (and pretty much any Nick Drake song) reminds me of living at 14 Choate St. Those who remember 14 Choate St (probably no one who is actually reading this) may recall the humble slumlord abode I shared with my then boyfriend and three others. Whether we were using the grill to cook TV dinners and fish sticks, harboring fugitives and homeless youth (one of whom, incidentally, could play Nick Drake on guitar and sing), or watching the neighbor's cat stick its head up through the ever-present hole in the kitchen floor, surreal times were had by all. But Nick Drake was mostly played in the attic, where I lived for several months until winter came and my boyfriend and I decided to move downstairs to the one room in the house that actually had heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment