Thursday, June 3, 2010

South Beach Diet, Day 11

I have gone through 1 liter of olive oil in less than 2 weeks!

I feel pretty good, but do miss some of the things I'm not eating, like apples, corn chips and wheat bread. I don't miss candy and sweets though (after all, I am getting my chocolate fix from sugar-free chocolate, and chocolate has always been the only candy that matters to me, (as an adult at least)).

Although I feel pummeled by the amount of cooking (and dish washing I have been doing), we are not eating out hardly at all now, and Troy has gotten in the habit of packing a lunch.

I'm not paying super close attention to the actual weight loss, but I think it has been 4-5 lbs. so far. Last I checked, I had lost about 1 inch to my general circumference. Not bad for just 11 days.

Perhaps one of these best things about this is breaking free of the tyranny of simple carbs. I am no longer shoveling crackers in my mouth or just because they are there, or eating candy and ice cream simply because we have it in the house. I have learned to plan meals around veggies and proteins, not around bread, tortillas and corn chips. Having a garden full or spinach and lettuce helps on those days when I haven't gotten to the store and am short on greens. I snack on mint and parsley, and enjoy it!

Stay tuned for future updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment