Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Love Tea. But Not ALL Tea.

My friend Amber Strocel is encouraging blog posts about tea. So here’s mine.



As you can see, my tea shelf is so crammed full of stuff I can’t even see half of it. It can be roughly divided into thirds:

1. Tea I Drink Happily
For the most part, this category of appreciated tea includes unflavored black tea, green tea, white tea and jasmine green tea. Because I like tea, a lot of people assume I like flavored teas, but generally, I do not. I rather appreciate George Carlin’s take on the matter.

2. Tea I Drink When I’m Sick or Something
There are several boxes of weedwater, I mean, herbal tea, in my collection. Many are for healing some ailment or another. Whether it be low immune function, sore throat, unhappy tummy, or grumpy girl parts, there’s a weedwater available for it.

3. Tea I Do Not Drink
These are the boxes I look at with some consternation, and then try to convince my six year old that yeah, she would love to drink some of the Raspberry Zinger or whatever icky stuff she talked me into buying. I heat up the water, dose it with the tea bag and a smattering of sweetener, then she drinks a few tablespoons of it and is done with it.

I look forward to my kid growing up and having a tea shelf of her own.

1 comment:

  1. My parents were hippies, so I grew up on weedwater. I brought it to school with me in my Thermos, in fact.

    As for the flavoured teas, I've started making my own iced tea out of them. I steep them so they're pretty strong, add some honey, and chill. The kids seem more willing to drink that than hot tea. Raspberry Zinger makes an especially good iced tea according to Hannah.

    ReplyDelete