Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rice Krispie Treats

You may find this hard to believe, but Ravenna and I both made and ate Rice Krispie Treats for the first time yesterday. I'd always avoided eating them in the past, because I was suspicious of them and what exactly they might be glued together with. I had visions of Crisco and sugar melted into some gummy mass and mixed with the cereal. Ick. Turns out the truth of What a Rice Krispie Treat Really Is is only slightly less disgusting than that: the "glue"is butter and melted marshmallows.

Ravenna and I enjoyed watching the marshmallows melt down in the pan with butter. In true child fashion, she likes eating them more than I do. I find them disturbingly sweet and the butter aroma is kind of overpowering. But still, I can now say I have checked off one of those "mom" things.


No comments:

Post a Comment