Monday, May 17, 2010

Here I go again

So February 2009 I set off to lose 7 lbs in 85 days and did it. One year and three months later, I'm back to my Feb 2009 weight. What the heck happened?

I'd like to think some of it is muscle weight, as I am somewhat stronger than I was a year and three months ago. But the real test is how well I fit into certain clothes. And certain clothes are much too tight for me to be happy about this situation.

A few truisms about me:

-- I enjoy the journey and the seeking more than I enjoy the goal and getting and having

--When I feel like I can't control some aspect of my life, I try to get control back via whatever means I can

As a result: when I go on an inches-loss kick, I find the fun is in starting a new program and going on the journey. It's not that I especially want to be thin, it's just that I want to gain control of my size. A subtle but important distinction.

So what am I doing now? I'll let you know in subsequent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment