Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How I Fixed My Eyesight



When I was in my early twenties, I became nearsighted. I remember putting glasses on for the first time, and being able to see the horizon crisply for the first time in quite a while. A few years later, I no longer needed those glasses anymore: my vision is perfect, and I’ll tell you how it happened.

In 1995 I was seeing Dr. Jenefer Huntoon at her clinic in Wallingford (a neighborhood in Seattle, WA). I was complaining of chronic allergies and needing to blow my nose all the time. So she performed what she called “cranial release” therapy on me. It was a rather barbaric treatment that involved sticking a small balloon on the end of a blood pressure bulb, sticking that up each of my six sinus cavities in turn, and pumping them full of air to expand them. Each treatment (I went four or five times to these sessions) I’d finish up feeling like the roof of my mouth had been stretched. It was not comfortable or fun, but during the time I was getting this done, I stopped needing to wear my glasses.

Now the only time the horizon becomes blurry for me is when I have a nasty, nose-clogging cold. I look out the window, see the blurry trees, and remember how that used to be how things were for me.

Regretfully, Dr. Huntoon is now deceased and her clinic is shut down. But I wanted to put this out there, in case anyone wants to do studies on this treatment to see if it could cure others. Clearly, it is possible to cure nearsightedness. It worked for me!

1 comment: