Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Wish More Music Sounded Like This



There are some albums, some bands, where I think to myself, “please make more music! There isn’t enough music like this in the world.” Some of my favorite artists, like Natural Snow Buildings and TwinSistermoon prolifically produce at least one album a year and have a huge back catalog. Others have only a couple of albums, and I’m unable to even get news if there’s more in the works.

Here are a few songs I’m really digging at the moment.

TwinSisterMoon
“When Stars Glide Through Solid”
A shimmering wall of effervescent noise that slowly melds into a percussive field of beauty in the last two minutes. Can’t find the song online so I put it on this Fuzz station with a bunch of other cool stuff.

Orla Wren
“The Fish and the Doll”
Weaves a web of tremulous, soft musical magic. Perfect for bubble baths.

Paavoharju
“Kirkonväki” 
Here’s some proper music for Halloween. I haven’t been able to find much that comes close to sounding like this musical collective from Finland. I’ve tried Pandora, but the compared music just isn’t doing it for me.

Kuupuu
Niittyleikki”
This song is just weird, but I like it. It’s like fairies whispering to each other among the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment